What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pork Barbacoa ~ Cafe Rio Style



Ingredients:
4-5 lb. pork roast
21 oz. Dr. Pepper or Coke, do NOT use diet soda
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
7 oz. can chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (only use sauce unless wanted desire spice and blend 2-3 of the chilies)
6+ oz. salsa
1 t. dry mustard
1 t. cumin
1/4 t. cayenne pepper


Recipe:
1. Place roast in crock pot, cover halfway with water and cook on low for 12 hours.
2. After 12 hours, drain water from pork.
3. Mix remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl. Do so until sugar dissolves.
4. Add mixture to the roast and cook on low an additional 4 hours.
5. Take out roast and shred. Add back to sauce and cook for 2 more hours.


Rating: 4.5 of 5
I thought this tasted like the real deal. Definitely having more of this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment