What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Heart Attack BLT

Ingredients:
bread *
tomato slices
lettuce leaves
bacon
mayonnaise
*I used homemade Italian Cheese bread. I really liked the extra flavor.
Recipe:
1. Toast bread.
2. Cook bacon.
3. Spread mayo on bread then layer with lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon.
Rating: 3.5 of 5
We liked this version of the BLT. There was a lot of bacon (which is why I called it the Heart Attack BLT). I like being able to actually taste bacon when I have a BLT. Definitely not on the healthy list, but so good. I think next time I won't toast the bread as much....I just wasn't sure how long it needed to be toasted since the slices were so thick!
Source: my brain....who doesn't know how to make a BLT?

No comments:

Post a Comment