What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Satay Chicken Pizza

Ingredients:
1 T. vegetable oil *
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
1 c. prepared Thai peanut sauce **
1 bunch green onions, chopped
4 small pita breads
4 slices provolone cheese
* I used olive oil. I like the taste better
** I used Melissa Black's Thai Chicken peanut sauce. That recipe is coming later this week!
Recipe:
1. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Saute chicken pieces in hot oil for 6-7 minutes. Do not overcook!
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
To Assemble Pizza:
1. Spoon peanut sauce on each pita, followed by chicken, green onions, and slices of cheese.
2. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
3. Let stand for 1-2 minutes outside of oven before you cut with pizza cutter.
Rating: 3.75 of 5
This was good and I liked it, but I thought it was missing something. I think it would have been good with cilantro, but I think the taste I was looking for was something sweet....like pineapple. I don't know. It was still good. And easy to put together.
Source: allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment