What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, April 29, 2011

Almond Dijon Baked Chicken

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets

2 T. Dijon mustard

2 T. mayonnaise

½ c. almonds, chopped

cooking spray as needed


Recipe:

1. Preheat oven to 375. combine Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray.

2. Coat chicken with mustard mixture, and top with chopped almonds. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.

Rating: 4 of 5

This was a nice tasty dish. LaDon loved it and declared that he doesn't know why we even go out to eat on dates because my cooking has gotten better than restaurant cooking. He's funny. Seriously though, the chicken was nice and tender, the flavor was full and zesty, and the almonds added the perfect crunch factor! If you like the Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken, you'll probably like this as well. Oh, and the best thing of all: I had absolutely every ingredient on hand and it's such an easy recipe that LaDon could make it.....with his eyes closed (if he wanted to cook)!

Source: Food on the Table

2 comments:

  1. I like the dino in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! The dino in the picture is the bomb:) Did you put that there on purpose?

    ReplyDelete