What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quick Italian Rolls

Ingredients:
1/2 c. water
1 c. milk
1 egg
2 T. butter
2 T. sugar
2 t. garlic salt
1 t. Italian Seasoning
1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese
4 cups bread flour
2 1/4 t. active dry yeast

Recipe:
1. Use Dough setting.
2. Remove the dough from the machine. Punch down. Divide the dough into 4 parts. Divide each part into 4 pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball. *
3. Dip tops into melted butter and 1/4 c. cheese. Place in well greased 13x9 cake pan or two 9-inch layer cake pans. Cover; let rise in warm oven about 10 minutes.
4. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan; cool.

Rating: 4 of 5
We liked this bread. I didn't make rolls though. Just loaves this time. They were good. I thought they tasted like it melted in your mouth. LaDon said the bread was a solid 4, "but not higher than a 4, because bread can't be that good." Haha!

Source: Magic Chef Automatic Breadmaker Recipe Guide, pg. 13

No comments:

Post a Comment