What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sausage and Broccoli Skillet

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage
1 medium onion, chopped *
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 10.75-oz can condensed cream of broccoli soup **
1/2 c. milk
1 16-oz. package frozen chopped broccoli
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
4 1/2 c. fusili pasta, cooked and drained ***
red pepper flakes, as needed

*I, of course, just replaced it with dried chopped onion.
** I could only find Broccoli and Cheese, so I used that. Also, I recommend 2 cans of soup. The end result is really chunky and not so saucy.
*** When I went to the store, I had no idea what fusili pasta was. Turns out, it's just corkscrew type pasta. I used angel hair. I don't like corkscrew type pasta anyway.


Recipe:
1. Cook the sausage in a sauce-pot over medium-high heat until the sausage is well browned. Stir frequently to break up the meat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until tender. Pour off fat.
3. Stir the soup, milk, broccoli and 1/4 c. of the cheese into the sauce-pot. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Put the pasta in a large serving bowl. Pour the sausage mixture over the pasta. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve with red pepper, if desired.

Rating: 3 of 5
This was pretty good. I think next time I will cut the meat and broccoli in half. It was just a little to thick. This was a pretty good dish.

Source: Food on the Table

No comments:

Post a Comment