What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, April 29, 2011

Cheesy Italian Tortellini

Ingredients:

½ lb ground beef

½ lb Italian sausage, casings removed

1 16-oz jar marinara sauce

1 14.5-oz can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained

1 9-oz package refrigerated or fresh cheese tortellini

1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese


Recipe:

  1. Crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high hear until browned. Drain.

  2. Combine the ground meats, marinara sauce, and tomatoes in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

  3. Stir in the tortellini, and sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes on low, or until the tortellini in tender.


Rating: 3 of 5

This really was a good recipe. We just thought there was too much meat. I also prefer the Italian sausage taste to beef, so I think next time I will double the batch and only use 1 lb. of Italian sausage. I've come to discover that tortellini is not my favorite pasta. I would also try using cheese ravioli next time.

Source: Allrecipes, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cheesy-Italian-Tortellini/Detail.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment