What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Greek Chicken Cutlets

Ingredients:

1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved

1/3 c. pitted Kalamata olives

4 oz. Feta cheese, coarsely crumbled (1 c.)

½ c. fresh mint leaves

2-3 T olive oil

coarse salt and ground pepper

1 ½ lb. Thin chicken cutlets (about 8)



Recipe:

1. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, feta mint, and 1 T. oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside

2. Heat a grill pan over high; brush lightly with oil. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook, working in batches as necessary, until chicken is cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Top chicken with tomato mixture, and serve.


Rating: 3 of 5

Low rating, not because it wasn't good. It's a Greek dish (supposedly) and is just a different taste than we are used to. I think the thing I didn't like about it was how strong the mint flavor was. So, if I make this one again, I'll cut the mint by half....at least. The chicken was really good though. It's a combination of flavors that I'm not used to, but, hey, now I know what to cook when I want to shake things up a bit!


Source: Food on the Table

No comments:

Post a Comment