What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuscan Lamb Chop Skillet

Ingredients:
8 lamb rib chops, cut 1 in thick
2 t. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 19-oz white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 8-oz can Italian style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 T. balsamic vinegar
2 t. snipped fresh rosemary

Recipe:
1. Trim fat from chops. In a large skillet cook chops in hot oil over medium heat for 9 to 11 minutes for medium, turning once. Transfer chops to a plate; keep warm.
2. Stir garlic into drippings in skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, vinegar, and snipped rosemary. bring to boiling; reduce heat. simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Spoon bean mixture onto 4 dinner plates. arrange 2 chops on each plate. If desired, garnish with rosemary sprigs.
4. Serve with Italian bread and some mixed greens.

Rating: 1.5 of 5
Maybe we aren't lamb people. The bean mixture was okay, but we didn't like the meat. Maybe that's also because it didn't have any kind of seasoning that went into cooking it. But we do like gyros. I dunno. Most definitely won't be making this one again. Sorry, Better Homes and Gardens!

Source: Better Homes and Garden New Cook Book, pg. 354

No comments:

Post a Comment