What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Monday, April 25, 2011

Deviled Eggs

Ingredients: (I did a half dozen)
12 large eggs
6 T. mayonnaise
2 t. mustard
1 pinch cayenne pepper
salt and black pepper *
paprika, for dusting

* I actually forgot to use salt and pepper and couldn't taste the difference.


Recipe:
1. Peel the hard boiled eggs, halve lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a medium bowl, reserving the egg whites.
2. Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne; season with salt and black pepper.
3. Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves and dust with paprika.


Rating: 3.75 of 5
I love that this recipe is so simple and that I had everything on hand. They tasted very similar to the deviled eggs my mom made growing up which means they're good. I didn't mash them very well, so they were a little chunky and Ally helped peel the eggs so there were some shell remnants in them, but overall, delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment