What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Won-ton Taco Cups

Ingredients:
won-ton wrappers
1 lb. ground beef
large tomato, chopped
cilantro, chopped
cheese, shredded
sour cream

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning. Let simmer for a few minutes.
3. Press 2-3 won-ton wrappers into cupcake tin or mini cupcake tin. Where the separate won-tons met, I lightly brushed with water. Place in oven and cook for 5-8 minutes (the tops with be golden brown and the bottom should be bubbly.
4. Chop tomato and cilantro.
5. Place beef, cheese, tomato, cilantro, and sour cream in won-ton cup. Serve!

Rating: 4 of 5
I was on a cooking strike tonight. But after LaDon repeatedly stated that he wanted to eat some good food I felt bad letting the 27-year old man starve! We were out of tortillas so I mixed this little guys up. Quick and delicious. I think next time I might brush the won-tons with some olive oil before cooking. While eating these we decided you could make the cutest little taco shells with the round won-ton wraps for little kids, or as a taco appetizer of some sort.

Source: it's a Jamie creation

No comments:

Post a Comment