What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thai Chicken

Ingredients:
Sauce:
4 chicken breast halves - steamed and cubed or shredded
1 c. chicken broth
2 T. soy sauce
4 T. chunky or creamy peanut butter
1 garlic clove, crushed *
red pepper flakes to taste (usually about 1/4 t.)

Condiments: (whatever you would like)
chopped peanuts
coconut
crushed pineapple
red, green, yellow diced peppers (Melissa's favorite!)
canned Mandarin oranges (my favorite!)
raisins or Crainsins
chow mein noodles (are those the crunchy ones?)
cilantro, chopped

* I usually just used minced garlic


Recipe:
1. Combine and heat chicken broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, garlic, and pepper until peanut butter is dissolved.
2. Add pre-cooked chicken.
3. Serve over steamed rice with your choice of condiments. *

*I like to make my rice chicken flavored by adding a bouillon cube to the water. So. Much. Better.

Rating: 5 of 5
This is one of our absolute favorite recipes! We love it....so good. The great thing about this dish is that it's new every time you have it because you can make it taste so different depending on what you put on it! And, if you don't like too much kick you have total control over that and can experiment with just the right amount. We, however, like the kick. Oh, and I usually don't have all the favorite condiments on hand, but I usually have enough to make it work! Another perk, this is quick!

Also use the sauce can be used for Satay Chicken Pizza.

Source: Melissa Black

No comments:

Post a Comment