What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

100% Whole Wheat Bread

Ingredients:
1 c. water
3 T. oil
3 T. sugar
1 1/2 t. salt
3 c. whole wheat flour
2 1/4 t. yeast

Recipe:
1. Dump all the ingredients in the bread machine and select the settings of Whole Wheat and baking control on medium. (My bread machine takes about 3.5 hours to go through the whole process.)

Rating: 3.7 of 5
I've always liked wheat bread. LaDon favors white bread. So, I usually make white bread loaves. But, after visiting Emily and having real (come on, making bread in a machine isn't really real homemade bread.....the machine does everything for me!) homemade wheat bread I discovered that the kids LOVE wheat bread. They prefer it over white bread for sure. So, I know make wheat bread for them.
So, this recipe is a pretty good one. It tastes like good homemade wheat bread to me.

Source: Magic Chef: Automatic Breadmaker Recipe Guide, pg. 8

No comments:

Post a Comment