What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pocket Pizza


Ingredients:
1 T. vegetable oil *
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. cooked Italian sausage
1 T. finely chopped onion**
1/8 -1/4 t. garlic powder***
1/4 pkg. (3-oz size) sliced pepperoni
2-3 T. pizza sauce
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

* I didn't use the vegetable oil because I thought the meats would run enough oils alone.
** I didn't add the onion because the sauce is pretty tasty.
*** I didn't add the garlic powder for the same reason as the onion.

Recipe:
1. Heat oven to 425. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Prepare Pizza Dough. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Fold loosely in half; place on cookie sheet and unfold. Brush with oil.
3. Layer remaining ingredients on half of the circle in order listed; fold dough over filling. Turn edge of the lower dough over dege of the top dough; pinch edge to seal.
4. Prick top with a fork. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
This was a pretty good recipe. I think it would be great with pineapple and ham. All of the pepperoni and sausage made it pretty heavy, but it's still delicious. The pizza sauce was flavorful enough that I didn't feel like I needed to add the onion and garlic powder. The next time I make these I'll do Hawaiian, as that is LaDon's favorite!

Source: Alpha-Bakery: Children's Cookbook, pg. 34

No comments:

Post a Comment