What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Golden Sweet Cornbread


Ingredients:
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. yellow cornmeal
3/4 c. white sugar
1 t. salt
3 1/2 t. baking powder
1 egg
1 c. milk
1/3 c. vegetable oil

Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 400-degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan. *
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk, and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

* Rather than using a 9-inch round cake pan that I don't have, I just divided the batter into 12 cupcakes and adjusted the bake time to 15-20 minutes.

Rating: 3.75 of 5
I really liked this recipe. Most cornbread recipes I've tried turn out kind of dry, but this one is moist and sweet! I loved it! This is now my staple cornbread recipe for chili and soups.

Source: AllRecipes: Dinner Tonight, pg. 282

No comments:

Post a Comment