What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

5 Can Taco Soup


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 pkgs. taco seasoning
1 large can tomato juice
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can kidney/red beans, drained
1 can garbanzo/navy beans, drained
1 can corn, drained

Recipe:
1. Brown ground beef with 1 chopped onion. Drain. Put in crock pot and add the remaining ingredients. *
2. Allow soup to simmer for several hours then serve with grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips. Feel free to substitute the vegetables with ones you like best.

* Instead of browning the beef before hand, I just threw it in the crock pot and mushed it with a spoon after a few minutes. Worked for me, but if you're going to be gone all day I would brown it before hand.

Rating: 3.75 of 5
We really liked this soup. And talk about easy! I love crock pot meals. If you liked the Chicken Tortilla Soup, then you'll probably like this. It tastes very similar to the Chicken soup, but with beef! We also added sour cream to the garnish list. Cilantro also would have tasted good, but the cilantro in the garden has gone to seed.

Source: Jamie's Cookbook, Recipe by Mickey Pulsipher

No comments:

Post a Comment