What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, January 27, 2012

Baked Fried Chicken

(the strips turned out so ugly that I COULDN'T take a picture. No joke.)
Ingredients:
chicken breast tenderloin strips *
1/2 t. salt
1 T. Season All
3/4 t. pepper
1 c. flour
2 t. paprika

*I didn't have any on hand, so I just sliced up about 3 chicken breasts

Recipe:
1. Place thawed chicken breast tenderloin strips in a bowl of milk. Let soak for 20-30 minutes.
2. Mix in a gallon size Ziploc or a large bowl the following: slat, Season All, pepper, flour, paprika.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9x13 pan. Melt butter in pre-heated oven.
4. Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
5. Shake excess milk off of chicken and completely coat each piece with the seasoning mix. You can either shake the chicken in the bag, until coated, or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
6. Place each piece of chicken in the pan.
7. Cook for 20 minutes. Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through.

Rating: 1.75 of 5
I really think this recipe has potential if cooked correctly! I, however, completely botched it! I didn't hit the "defrost" button on the microwave so that was the first set up for failure, and then I cut out all the butter because I thought just the Pam spray would be good enough. Well, in this cooking game, two strikes and you're out! If the chicken isn't defrosted and partially cooked instead than you end up with over cooked chicken in the end. If you don't use the butter, then you end up with floury chicken strips. So, while tonight's meal tasted like leather shoes, I do think this recipe would have been better if I had done it correctly. Hopefully, the next time I make this, it will be better and I'll have a different story to tell under the rating section.

Source: TheWonderTwins, Baked Fried Chicken

1 comment:

  1. I made this and it turned out really well, but yes, the butter in the pan makes a HUGE difference!!!!

    ReplyDelete