What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza


Ingredients:
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed *
1 c. hickory flavored barbecue sauce **
1 T. honey
1 t. molasses ***
1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 (12 inch) prebaked pizza crust or Breadstick and Pizza Dough recipe
1 c. shredded mozzarella or smoked Gouda cheese
1 c. thinly sliced red onions

* I just bought one of the Rotisserie chickens from Costco and cut it up.
** I used what I had on hand which was 1/2 c. of Original and 1/2 c. of Honey
*** I completely threw this one out the window and used corn syrup in place of the molasses

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine chicken, barbecue sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar, and cilantro. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
2. Spread chicken mixture evenly over pizza crust and top with cheese and onions.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Rating: 4.5 of 5
I really liked this pizza. Lots of different flavors play out at different times. The sauce is sweet, but not too sweet. The cilantro is definitely present, which I love and was worried about. I don't like real onions but I like the taste. The red onion was thin enough that I couldn't tell slimy pieces of onion was in there, so I really enjoyed the onion. It's an easy recipe that doesn't take that much time to prepare. If using a homemade pizza crust, then the Breadstick & Pizza Dough cooks at the same temperature and same time as this recipe calls for.

Source: AllRecipes: Dinner Tonight, pg. 14

No comments:

Post a Comment