What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fruit Salsa


Ingredients:
1 c. finely chopped strawberries
1/3 c. orange, peeled and finely chopped
2/3 c. kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 c. finely chopped fresh pineapple or one 8-oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 c. green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 c. yellow or green sweet pepper, finely chopped
1 T. lime or lemon juice
1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
1 recipe Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps

Recipe:
1. In a bowl combine strawberries, orange, kiwifruit, pineapple, green onions, sweet pepper.
2. Cover and chill for 6-24 hours. If you're going to chill for longer than 6 hours, then stir in the strawberries just before serving.
3. Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps.

Rating: 4 of 5
Well, LaDon did not think this was going to be good at all. But, surprise! It actually was. The green onion is pretty strong among all the fruit, but it off-sets everything well. Also, the sweet pepper is noticeable but is good with the kiwi and strawberry. I will definitely make this again at some point.


Source: Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book, pg. 65

No comments:

Post a Comment