What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pita Chicken

(terrible picture...phone camera)
Ingredients:
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 T olive oil
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/4 c. salsa *
2 pita bread rounds
1 c. shredded lettuce
1/2 c. sliced avocado **
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
sour cream, dolloped on top
**we added a little bit of shredded cheese**

*I used Wal-Mart brand Peach Pineapple Chipotle Salsa. Tasty!
** I actually chopped mine

Recipe:
1. Cut chicken into strips. In a skillet, saute chicken in hot oil until almost done. Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper over chicken. Add salsa and simmer until chicken in done, about 5 minutes.
2. Split pitas in half, fill with chicken, and top with tomato, lettuce, avocado, and sour cream.

Rating: 4.75 of 5
We loved this! I'm not even sure what made it soooo good, but I wish I would have doubled this recipe! The chicken is divine and all the toppings compliment if perfectly (except the lettuce. Ditched the lettuce. I always ditch lettuce unless I'm making a salad.) Definitely recommend this one!

Source: AllRecipes, Dinner Tonight, pg. 232

No comments:

Post a Comment