What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tortilla Crisps


Ingredients:
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 c. butter, melted
12 7- or 8-inch flour tortillas

Recipe:
For plain tortilla crisps:
1. Cut each of 12 tortillas into 8 wedges. Spread 1/3 of the wedges in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven 5-10 minutes or until dry and crisp; cool.
2. Repeat with remaining wedges. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days or freeze up to 3 weeks.

For Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps:
1. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Brush butter over 12 tortillas.
2. Sprinkle tortillas with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
3. Follow steps for Plain Tortilla Crisps and bake as according to directions.

Rating: 3 of 5
These are pretty good. I'm actually not a fan of pre-baked tortillas (have you tried the uncooked tortillas from Costco?), but I liked the way these turned out. Sweet and crunchy. And easy. I found that 7 minutes worked out the best crunchy-ness time for me.

Source: Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book, pg. 64

No comments:

Post a Comment