What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Black and Blue


Ingredients:
3/4 c. blackberries, generous
1 scant c. blueberries
scant 1/2 c. ice cold water
2/3 c. plain yogurt

Recipe:
1. Put the blackberries, blueberries, water, and yogurt into blender and process until smooth.
2. Pour into glasses and serve.

Rating: 3 of 5
Like I've said before, I'm still adjusting to the non-sugar shakes. This one is pretty bitter at first, but after a few swallows it doesn't stick out as much. I love the blackberries. I think it's the blueberries that are so bitter in this. I dunno. I'd made it again, though. And I'll substitute the plain yogurt for vanilla flavored.

Source: 100 Best Smoothies & Juices, pg. 84

No comments:

Post a Comment