What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Easy Bean Dip

Ingredients:
1 can of refried beans
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of olives, drained and sliced
3-4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1-2 c. shredded cheese
1/2 - 1 c. chopped cilantro
Sour cream

Recipe:
1. Heat beans. Slice olives, chop tomatoes and cilantro.
2. Layer in a 8x8 pan:
beans
a little cheese
corn
olives
tomatoes
cilantro (or you can just put it on top)
sour cream
remaining cheese
3. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers.

Rating: 3 of 5
I think LaDon would probably give it a higher rating, but I don't think it's that amazing. It's good though. Easy to put together. I think taco flavored meat on top of the beans would be good too.

Source: my own

1 comment:

  1. I love bean dip! This makes me hungry... :) My favorite secrets for an awesome bean dip are a layer of your favorite guacamole, and mixing some taco seasoning into the sour cream and a little bit into the beans -- it gives it good flavor, but the coolness of the sour cream keeps it from being too overpowering. And I've never thought of putting meat on a bean dip...now I need to go and buy some sour cream and guacamole so I can give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete