What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Banana Breakfast Shake

Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
3/4 c. yogurt
1/2 c. skim milk*
1/2 t. vanilla extract

* I never have skim milk, so I use what I've got

Recipe:
1. Put the bananas, yogurt, milk, and vanilla into a food processor or blender.
2. Process until smooth.
3. Serve at once.

Rating: 2.75 of 5
This really isn't a bad shake, I just used to my strawberry shake that is loaded with vanilla ice cream and a ton of sugar. So, I'm sure after I adjust to the lack of sugar then it will be a higher rating. The shake overall is somewhat banana bland...as in all you can taste is banana. And it's pretty warm. So, next time I think I will freeze the banana the night before, use vanilla flavored yogurt instead of plain, and that should increase the taste for me! And, it won't sacrifice the low caloric count too much.

Source: 100 Best Smoothies and Juices, pg. 20

No comments:

Post a Comment