What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Berry Brightener

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. blueberries
2/3 c. cranberry juice
2/3 c. plain yogurt

Recipe:
1. Put the blueberries and cranberry juice into a food processor or blender. Process for 1-2 minutes, until smooth.
2. Add the yogurt and process briefly to combine. Taste and add honey, if you would like. Process briefly again until thoroughly blended.
3. Pour into chilled glasses, add straws and serve.

Rating: 1.5 of 5
The taste of this one isn't terrible, a little tart and cranberry overpowered, yes. The thing that did it in for me is that the yogurt and juice separate pretty quickly after serving and I just couldn't not muscle down the clumpy yogurt on top. I don't think I'll make this one again.

Source: 100 Best Smoothies & Juices, pg. 30

No comments:

Post a Comment