What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks

Ingredients:
Yield: 1 12-inch pie
2 T. softened salted butter *
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 lb. grated mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper, optional

* I never buy salted butter.

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 500 degree F with pizza stone inside.
2. Mix butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Spread pizza dough out into a 12-inch circle on parchment paper.*
4. Spread the butter and garlic mixture over dough and top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Top with a light sprinkling of salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Bake 9-10 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven and cool 1-2 minutes before cutting. Serve hot, with marinara.

*My current stock of parchment paper is "safe" up to 450 degrees. So, I just prepped everything and then pulled out the pizza stone and threw it all together.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
I thought the bread stick recipe was good. My only problems with it really has nothing to do with the recipe. I accidentally forgot to set the timer so mine came out very crisp AND I've got the expectation of Louie's cheesy bread sticks that I'm trying to find. Seriously, those are the best...and the most fattening. I have to get a box every time I go back home. I have to find an exact copy-cat! And, this recipe isn't it. Close. But not it. It's still good for an at-home pizza night, though.

Source: Lauren's Latest, Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment