What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Monday, March 26, 2012

Garlic Mashed Potatoes - take 2

Ingredients:
3 lbs. russet potatoes, skins on, cut in to wedges
5 whole garlic cloves, peeled *
1/2 t. salt
salt and pepper to taste

*I just used minced garlic

Recipe:
1. In a large pot with water add potatoes, garlic and salt and bring to a boil.
2. Cook potatoes until tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Drain water from potatoes and add milk and butter.
4. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes until desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Rating: 3 of 5
These were good, but I really couldn't eat the skins. So, next time I've got to peel the skins off. I used minced garlic and I thought the garlicky taste was perfect. Actually, now that I think about it I didn't measure the garlic and just plopped a few tiny spoonfuls in the pot. Ally really liked them so that's a good thing.

Source: Mother Thyme, Garlic Mashed Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment