What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Oven Baked Chicken

Ingredients:
4 split chicken breasts *
5 T. milk
1 c. unseasoned bread crumbs**
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. paprika
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
2 T. butter ***

*To speed up the process of thawing out my frozen chicken, I've been boiling it in water with chicken bouillon for a few minutes. I think it just enhances the chicken flavor and makes everything that much better.
**I only had Italian Style bread crumbs on hand.
*** Completely forgot about the butter until after the chicken had started cooking, so I just sprayed the tops with some cooking spray.

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil.*
2. Add milk to a shallow bowl. In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic salt, paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Dip chicken in milk and roll in bread crumbs. Place chicken on cookie sheet.
4. Place pats of butter on chicken and bake for 1 1/2 hours until juiced run clear and internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. **

*Skipped the foil and sprayed a dish.
** A few changes here. I forgot the butter as mentioned above. Worked out fine. In fact, it gave the chicken a very crunchy coating which was so tasty. Secondly, I thaw my chicken out by quickly boiling it, but I kind of forgot and almost cooked the breasts through completely. So, instead of cooking the chicken in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, they were only in there for 25 minutes. Much faster and still so tasty!

Rating: 4 of 5
So, even though I used Italian style crumbs, I thought the coating was so good! Plus, I loved the crunch of it all. I don't really know what else to say about it other than I liked it. Oh, how about, I could taste the paprika and it was the perfect amount.

Source: Mother Thyme, Oven Baked Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment