What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fail-Proof Pizza Dough

Ingredients:
Yield: 2 12-inch pizzas
1 c. warm water
2 1/4 t. active dry yeast
1 T. honey OR sugar
2 t. salt
2 T. olive oil OR canola oil
3 c. bread flour (give or take 1/2 c.) *

*I only needed 2 1/2 c.

Recipe:
1. In a large mixing bowl, preferably that of a stand mixer, stir yeast and honey into warm water. Sit for 5-10 minutes or until bubbles form and mixture starts to foam.
2. Pour in salt, oil, half of the flour and mix. Once that flour is incorporated, start adding flour in bit by bit until you get the pizza dough to the consistency you want: slightly tacky, but when you touch it it doesn't stick to your hands.
3. Once you reach this stage, turn the mixer on high to knead for 6 minutes. Turn a timer on a walk away! The dough should be smooth and easy to work with. And the bowl should be clean.
4. Lightly grease the bowl and the dough so it doesn't dry out, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise 1-2 hours.*
5. Shape dough into whatever you would like.
6. Bake at 500 degrees F for 9-10 minutes.

*My bread was double at the 1 hour mark.

Rating: 3 of 5
This is a really simple recipe. For sure. It's not my favorite pizza dough recipe, but it's a good thin crust recipe. It's perfect for little mouths, like D and A's. Not so puffy that they can't get it into their mouths.

Source: Lauren's Latest, Fail-Proof Pizza Dough

No comments:

Post a Comment