What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, March 2, 2012

Copycat: Dole Pineapple Whips

Ingredients:
2 20-oz. can Dole crushed pineapple
2 T. pineapple juice (from canned pineapple)
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. lime juice
1/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream, whipped

Recipe:
1. Drain pineapple and reserve 2 tablespoons of the juice; set aside.
2. Place pineapple, lemon and lime juice, pineapple juice, and sugar in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into 2 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Lay flat in freezer.
4. Freeze 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until slushy.
5. Once pineapple mixture has reached desired consistency, whip the cream and then fold the whipped cream and pineapple mixture together.
6. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour. Serve.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
This is close, but it's not it. And if you like your Dole whips just like they serve them, then you're going to be able to tell the difference. This is the ONE thing I would splurge on when Emily and I would go to DL with the kids during the week. I love this stuff and it has to be right. I feel like the pineapple taste isn't strong enough and the cream gives it the wrong texture. A little too slippery of an after taste. But, it is close. And it is easy to make. It's still good. And.... I still eat it for breakfast.

Source: PrudencePennywise.blogspot.com, Dole Pineapple Whips

1 comment:

  1. Please come down for a visit! We will go to Disneyland and I will buy you guys all the Dole whips you can handle!!!

    ReplyDelete