What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce

Ingredients: Yields: 1/2 cup
1/4 c. rice wine vinegar *
2 t. chili powder
1 t. smoked paprika
1/2 t. sweet paprika **
2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. cayenne powder***
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. sugar
2 t. canola oil

* I used just rice vinegar
** I had paprika on hand, don't know what kind it was, so I used what I had for both
***Um....I just noticed now that this said "powder" not "pepper." I didn't know there was such a thing as cayenne powder.

Recipe:
1. Cook all ingredients over medium-high heat until just starting to bubble.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Store in an air tight bottle. Keep refrigerated.

Rating: 3.75 of 5
This stuff has some real kick...but maybe that's because I made more than it called for. Either way, it definitely tastes like buffalo sauce. Super easy to throw together too.

Source: Domestic Fits, Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment