What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken



Ingredients:
3 lb. bag of frozen chicken breasts
1 bottle Frank's Wings Buffalo Sauce *
1 packet Ranch Dip mix **
2 T. butter
**my own additions**
hamburger buns
lettuce
tomato, sliced
Ranch dressing
mozzarella, sliced
cilantro

*I made my own buffalo sauce using THIS recipe
** I made my own Ranch dressing mix using THIS recipe

Recipe:
1. Put frozen chicken, wing sauce, and ranch dip mix into crock pot.
2. Cook on low heat at least 6-7 hours.
3. Using two forks, shred chicken and return to crock pot.
4. Add butter.
5. Cook on low for an additional hour.
6. Serve in bread as a sandwich or on rice. Enjoy!

Rating: 4 of 5
K, this was good. My buffalo sauce had a pretty good kick to it, so in an attempt to take it down a notch I added 1-2 c. of shredded cheese. Not that the cheese did anything but add calories. We ate it as a buffalo chicken burger. Complete with lettuce (which you don't need), tomato slices, Ranch dressing, slices of mozzarella, and sprigs of cilantro. The cilantro is definitely the best on this chicken.

Source: My Kitchen Apron, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment