What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Root Beer Float Cookies

Ingredients:
1 c. unsalted butter at room temperature
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
1 T. + 2 t. root beer concentrate *
3 1/2 c. flour
1 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1/8 t. salt
1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips

* So, I didn't have any root beer concentrate on hand. Instead, I just did 2 t. vanilla (in addition to the 1 t. vanilla already called for) and 1 T. root beer)

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter and sugars in large bowl. Using electric mixer at medium speed, cream. Beat in egg. Continue to beat until mixture is fluffy.
2. beat in oil, milk, vanilla, and root beer concentrate.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix until combined.
4. Fold in white chocolate chips.
5. Drop a ball of 2 T. of dough at a time onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes.
6. Let cool five minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack.

Rating: 4 of 5
So, with my lack of root beer concentrate they sure did not taste like root beer. Not in the slightest. However, they made really good vanilla cookies! Seriously! Put strawberry cheesecake ice cream between two cookies and you've made the ice cream sandwiches they eat in paradise. Anyways....gonna have to try this recipe again with the concentrate.

Source: Heat Oven to 350, Root Beer Float Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment