What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, October 14, 2011

Baking Powder Cheese Biscuits

Ingredients:
3 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
1 T. sugar
1 t. salt
3/4 c. butter
1 c. milk
1 c. (or more) cheese

Recipe:
1. Mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
2. Soften butter to room temperature (do not melt!). Add to dry ingredients and cut in with a pastry blender (two knives work great if you don't have a pastry blender).
3. Create a hole in the center of your mixture and add milk and cheese. Stir together with a fork until moistened.
4. Drop a handful onto a greased baking tray.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the inside is done (you may have to check with a toothpick)

Rating: 3.75 of 5
I really liked these! But then again, we love cheese in our house. I thought they were really good as breakfast....not that that makes them a healthy choice for breakfast. You could taste the cheese, but it wasn't overpowering with cheese.

Source: Robyn Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment