What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 t. vanilla
5 3/4 to 6 1/4 c. sifted powdered sugar

Recipe:
1. Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well.
2. Gradually beat in additional powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency.
3. This frosts tops and sides of two 8- or 9-inch layers. Halve the recipe to frost a 13x9x2-inch cake.
4. Cover and store frosted cake in the refrigerator.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
This is a pretty good recipe for cream cheese frosting, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I could probably tweak it enough to get it to the taste I want though. Pretty good on just normal cake box cupcakes (that's what we made this week), but I think it would be delicious on red velvet.

Source: Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book, pg. 171

No comments:

Post a Comment