What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, October 28, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
2 unbaked pie crusts
1 lb. leftover roasted chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 12-16 oz. bag of mixed vegetables, thawed
1 onion, minced
1 T. butter
5 medium-small red potatoes, diced
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 t. Kosher salt, or to taste
ground black pepper to taste

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. When ready, add potatoes to water and boil until tender. Meanwhile, heat about 1 T. butter in a medium skillet. When the butter is bubbly, saute the onion until it's translucent and fragrant. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, chicken, vegetables, onion, and potatoes. Season to taste.
4. Place one pie crust on the bottom of a pie plate, transfer the filling to the pie plate, and then top with the other pie crust. Crimp the edges and then cut a few vent holes on top. Place pie plate on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and allow to stand for a few minutes before serving.

Rating: 3 of 5
Easy recipe, unless you aren't that experienced in pie crusts. You might get a bit flustered, but it's not as hard as it might seem. The chicken mixture could not be any easier. Especially if you pick up a rotisserie chicken at Costco to use. I really liked the potatoes in this pie, but I thought the actual filling was way to thick when cooked. So, I would probably either add another half can of cream of chicken or add a half cup milk or something to make it a little more runny. Tasted fine enough, but it wasn't a super good pot pie.

Source: OurBestBites.com, Chicken Pot Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment