What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, October 14, 2011

Cranberry-Nut Bread

Ingredients:
2 c. fresh Cranberries
¾ c. pecans or walnuts
2 T. butter
2 c. flour
1 ¾ t. Baking powder
½ t. Baking soda
1 t. Salt
1 c. plus 2 T. sugar
1 egg, well beaten
½ c. orange juice (abt 1 orange)
¼ c. water
1 t. orange zest

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan. Line the bottom with waxed paper then grease again.
2. Rinse, sort and cut cranberries into halves. Coarsely chop nuts; add to cranberries. Melt butter, then set aside to cool slightly.
3. In large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and sugar.
4. In a small bowl combine egg, orange juice and water then stir in melted butter. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour all the wet ingredients in. Stir only enough to moisten all the dry ingredients. Gently fold in the nuts, cranberries, and zest.
5. Pour into prepared pan and Bake for 70 min or until it passes the toothpick test.

Rating: TBD

Source: Roxanna Leazenby

No comments:

Post a Comment