What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, October 14, 2011

Greek Cherry Tomato Salad

Ingredients:
24-oz cherry tomatoes, halved
1 ½ cucumbers, cut into ½ inch cubes
20 large kalamata olives, halved
½ medium red onion, chopped
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
¼ t. salt
¼ t. sugar
10 oz. feta, cut into ½ inch cubes
½ c. extra-virgin olive oil
½ c. fresh lemon juice
1 T. oregano, chopped

Recipe:
1. Toss cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, red onion, parlsey, salt and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
2. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and oregano.
3. Cover and chill vegetables and dressing separately until ready to serve.
4. Just before serving, drain vegetables and add feta.
5. Pour dressing over the top and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.

Rating: TBD
I missed this one too and I'm not sure how. I'm anxious to try this one! It sounds like the perfect summer salad!

Source: Laura Hauley

No comments:

Post a Comment