What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, October 14, 2011

Creamy Caesar Salad

Ingredients:
2 oil-packed anchovy fillets
1/4 c. whole milk
1 garlic clove , crushed and peeled
2 T. champagne vinegar
1 t. Dijon mustard
1 c. mayonnaise
2 T. buttermilk
1/2 t. fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper

Recipe:
1. Put the anchovies in a small bowl and pour the milk over them. Soak the anchovies for 30 minutes. (Soaking will give them a sweeter flavor.)
2. Drain the anchovies. Chop coarsely and transfer to a small food processor. Add the garlic, vinegar, and mustard and puree. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the mayonnaise and buttermilk. Season with the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate in a covered container for up to 1 week.

Rating: 4 of 5
Of course, I love Caesar salad. It is one of my favorites and this recipe really nailed it! It's really good.

Source: Lauren Hastings, from Ad Hoc

No comments:

Post a Comment