What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pizza Crust

Ingredients:
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour*
1 1/2 t. salt
1 c. water
2 T. oil **
2 1/4 t. dry yeast

* I ran out of flour so I just used bread flour
** Was feeling a bit lazy and didn't want to have to unlock the cupboard I keep the veg oil in, so I just used olive oil.

Recipe:
1. In bread machine pan, put ingredients as they are listed. Select Dough setting.
2. Once the Dough cycle is complete, remove the dough from the machine. Punch down.
3. Divide the dough in half. Press each half into a greased 12-inch round pizza pan sprinkled with cornmeal. *
4. Prebake for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees until edges of crust begin to turn a light golden brown.
5. Add desired toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

* I don't have any pizza pans, so I just kept the dough as one piece and pressed in onto a baking sheet.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
I really do like this crust. I just need to roll it out a little thinner next time. The crust turned out a lot softer than I had anticipated. I definitely prefer this recipe over Pizza Dough.

Source: Magic Chef Automatic Breadmaker Recipe Guide, pg. 12

No comments:

Post a Comment