What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad

Ingredients:
Salad:
4 c. chopped Romaine Lettuce
2 c. chopped grilled chicken
1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, washed
1/3 c. vertically-sliced red onions
1 avocado, cubed
1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 8 3/4 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained

Dressing:
1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro
2/3 c. light sour cream
1 1/2 + tsp. adobo sauce from canned chipotle chilies
1 tsp. chili powder
4 tsp. fresh lime juice
¼ tsp. salt

Tortilla Strips, optional

Recipe:
1.Make sure all salad ingredients that need to be washed or rinsed have been.
2. Combine lettuce, chicken, beans, corn, onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl and gently mix with your hands. Set aside.
3. Mix dressing ingredients. I say to start with 1 1/2 tsp. of adobo sauce and then go from there, probably 1/4-1/2 tsp. at a time. If you’re serving this for a crowd, it’s probably better to err on the side of not spicy enough rather than too spicy, but if you’re just making it for your family and you have taste buds of steel, have at it. You could even chop up one of the chilies and toss it in there if you’re feeling super-brave. Then taste the dressing and you’ll know what heaven tastes like. Set dressing aside.
4. If you’re making tortilla strips, fry those puppies up now.
5. When you’re ready to serve, add avocado, tortilla strips, and dressing. Gently combine and serve.

Rating: TBD
So, Lindsay actually wasn't able to make it to salad night, which meant her salad wasn't there! But, looking at the recipe and knowing that it came from Our Best Bites, the odds are pretty high that I would like it!

Source: Lindsay Bauman, from Our Best Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment