What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:
1 c. vegetable oil
3 c. granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 c. water
3 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. nutmeg
2 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 t. cloves
1/2 t. salt
1 c. milk chocolate chips

Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl sift the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream the oil and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time until combined. Add the pumpkin puree and water. Mix in the flour mixture until just combined. Add the chocolate chips.
4. Divide into two 9"x5" bread pans.
5. Bake loaves for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Rating: TBD
I do have a confession: I didn't try this one because I'm generally not a pumpkin flavored food fan. However, if you like pumpkin, then this is probably your thing (even though I haven't tried it) because everything Laura makes is good.

Source: Laura Hauley

No comments:

Post a Comment