What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, October 14, 2011

Santa Rosa Valley Salad

Ingredients:
Salad:
1 box Uncle Ben's Wild/Long Grain Rice, cooked
juice of 1 Lemon
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or chopped
4 green onions, sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 oz snap or snow peas
1 avocado
1/2 cup pecans (opt)
lettuce for garnish

Dressing:
2 cloves garlic
1 T. dijon mustard
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. sugar
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 c. rice vinegar
1/3 c. olive oil

Recipe:
1. Mix the salad ingredients together and set aside.
2. Mix together the dressing ingredients.
3. Place lettuce leaves on a plate and pile salad mixture on top.
4. Pour the dressing on top of the salad or mix it in.

Rating: TBD
Once again, this was one I missed at salad night. It looked very delicious though!

Source: Sariah Tolley

No comments:

Post a Comment