What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mom's Pie Crust

Ingredients:
3 c. flour
1 1/2 t. salt
1 c. oil
1/2 c. milk

Recipe:
1. Mix together the flour and salt. Form a well.
2. Add oil and milk into the flour well. Stir with a fork.
3. Press into bottom and sides of a pie plate, or roll out between two pieces of wax paper and transfer to pie plate. With a fork, poke a few holes in the bottom.
4. Bake according to pie recipe. Or bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes.

Rating:3 of 5
I always liked this recipe. Probably because it's what I grew up on and it reminds me of better cooking than mine. It's not a super light and flaky recipe. It's more dense. But, I like it.

Source: my mom

No comments:

Post a Comment