What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Homemade Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:
8 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
3 c. milk
1/4 c. butter
2 1/2 T. flour
2 T. butter
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1 pinch paprika

Recipe:
1. Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
2. In a sauce pan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux (butter flour mixture to thicken sauce). Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika. *
4. Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes. Serve.

* Totally didn't do the last two steps. Just served the cheese sauce over noodles.

Rating: 2.5 of 5
So, I am not one who really likes mac and cheese. Ally, apparently, is. I didn't exactly cook this recipe the way it is supposed to be, but I figured the sauce over noodles would be just fine too. I didn't really like the sauce just because it didn't have a super strong cheddar taste....it was more Parmesan flavored. But, as long as Ally likes it I will make it. Daniel, surprisingly, couldn't care less for it!

Source: AllRecipes, Homemade Mac and Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment