What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hawaiian Pizza Topping

Ingredients:
1 can of pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained
3-5 T. brown sugar

Recipe:
1. Dump the pineapple and brown sugar into a sauce pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the pineapple and place on pizza.

Rating: 4 of 5
Really, you can't tell that the pineapple was simmered in brown sugar. I think it made it a bit sweeter and softened the pineapple up since the crust cook time was short. But, it was a nice little extra touch on the Hawaiian pizza we had. I think the extra pineapple would be good with French Vanilla ice cream.....I'll have to try that.

Source: my own

No comments:

Post a Comment