What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Bread with Glaze

Ingredients:
Bread:
2/3 c. shortening
2 2/3 c. sugar
4 eggs
1-15 oz. can pumpkin
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. cloves
2/3 c. water
3 1/3 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder

Glaze:
3 T. butter, melted
1 T. milk
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla

Recipe:
1. Combine all bread ingredients and pour into 2 greased bread pans. bake at 350 for 1 hour.
2. To make the glaze, melt 3 tbsp butter. Then add 1 tbsp milk, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla. Spread glaze on bread while still warm and it drizzles down the sides.

Rating: TBD
Again, another pumpkin recipe...so I didn't try it.

Source: Madeleine Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment