What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, October 14, 2011

Cherry Bread

Ingredients/Recipe:
1 8-oz. package cream cheese
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla

Cream above ingredients together

Add: 4 eggs-one at a time

Add:
2 c. flour
3/4 c. cut cherries
dash of salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

Put in 1/4 c. flour, 1/2 c. nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans) combined with cherries

Bake in bread pan @ 325 for 1 hour

Frosting:
2 Tbs. melted butter
2 c. powdered sugar
cherry juice
enough milk to make desired consistency (about 3 Tbs)
frost bread after cooling.

Rating: 3.75 of 5
Loved it! I really like cherry flavored things though.

Source: Shannon Booher

No comments:

Post a Comment