What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Baked Chicken-Bacon Alfredo

Ingredients:
8 oz. penne or bowtie pasta
1 recipe Alfredo Sauce or Guiltless Alfredo Sauce or a 16-0z jar
2 chicken breasts, grilled and chopped (about 2 c. chopped chicken)*
6 oz. (1/2 pkg.) cooked bacon, chopped
1 14-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
salt and pepper to taste

* I had a rotisserie chicken in the fridge and just used that.

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
3. While pasta is cooking, prepare Alfredo sauce. When past is done, drain and add to the sauce. Toss with chopped chicken, bacon, artichoke hearts, green onions, and 1/2 c. mozzarella. Season to taste.
4. Transfer mixture to an 8x8" baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.

**Definitely go to the OurBestBites website for some awesome fridge/freezer tips for this dish.**

Rating: 3.75 of 5
We really liked this dish. As I was making it I knew it was going to be good, but sometimes some recipes can throw a curve ball and be not as tasty as they smell. I was a little unsure of the artichoke hearts as I was making it, but I ended up really liking the extra little flavor they added. I know I complained about the Guiltless Alfredo Sauce in that rating, but it was good in this dish. Each flavor pulled through quite nicely.

Source: OurBestBites.com, Baked Chicken-Bacon Alfredo

No comments:

Post a Comment