What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Easy Oil Pastry

Ingredients:
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. cooking oil
3 T. milk

Recipe:
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, and salt. Add oil and milk all at once to flour mixture.
2. Stir lightly with a fork. Form into a ball. Press dough firmly onto bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Fill and bake as directed.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
Super easy crust. Not a bad taste either. In fact, it's super similar to my mom's Pie Crust recipe. The recipe says it's enough for a 9-inch pie plate, but I found that it was just a little short ofbeing able to line the sides and ridges the whole way around. I would use it again, but I need to do recipe and a half, I think.

Source: Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book, pg. 416

No comments:

Post a Comment